I woke up this morning feeling really appreciative of all the people and companies I've met since starting this little slice of the internet.
So I thought I would kick this week off by sharing five small-owned businesses that I love supporting because they have great customer service and amazing products!
Please note: No compensation was given for this post. I just really want to share some awesome products with you all that I like!
These five brands are in alphabetical order because well I am OCD like that. :P
I first found out about 1BandID in December 2013. 1BandID is a local Boston area company that was founded by Joe V in 2010.
I am one forgetful person when it comes to heading out for my run or leaving the house on the norm. So when I found 1BandID I got excited that I could now attach my information (which every runner should have on them whenever they are out hitting the pavement) to my Garmin. I rarely run/walk without my Garmin so having my info attached to the Garmin itself seems genius.
What Makes 1BandID Different
- It attaches to your watch, GPS or Heart Rate Monitor band, the one thing triathletes, runners and most cyclists wear most often. It simplifies safety and helps make ID unforgettable.
- Patented design that minimizes bulk and weight. It's an identification tag that is so light and comfortable you won't even know it's there until you need it the most. So while you're checking your heart rate, distance or time, or clocking another lap at the track, 1BandID has your back.
- Neoprene instead of nylon so it doesn't absorb water. It's ID that is built to withstand countless hours in the pool or any weather mother nature throws at you on the road or trail.
- Nearly indestructible stainless steel tag holds up to 6 lines of crystal clear contact and medical information. Because seconds count in an emergency, the most important information is plainly visible on the front of the tag.
- Available in lots of colors so you can accessorize your race kit, show off your mood or just pick your favorite.
- Made in the USA and proudly shared around the world.
You can customaize your own 1BandID for $19.99.
With endless possibilities of sayings for the wrap bracelets I felt overwhelmed when I picked out my first bracelet in 2014, but knew I wanted to go with a custom saying. But what custom saying would push me though a workout or pick me up during a tough emotional moment.
The above wrap is the oval motivational wrap with custom saying and teal wrap – value $25. A Motivational wrap without custom saying is $20. But with my newfound arm candy my feet were feeling pretty lonely. Momentum Jewelry offers a single foot note ($10) or a pair ($17).
Additionally there are now offering necklaces ($25) as well.
I love Momentum so much I became an ambassador for them. Woo! Click here to receive 10% off your order! :)
Runfellow is a running community with a focus on motivating and inspiring fellow runners. Our positive, quirky taglines catch your eye, make you smile and push you a little further. We’re not just another running clothing company, we’re a community of runners and for runners.
I should also mention that $1.00 from each shirt purchased from the shop will be donated to the Young Survival Coalition, an organization and resource for young women facing breast cancer.
Hi! My name is Dani and I am officially a Sparkle Athetic addict.
Sparkle Athletic was born out of the blood, sweat and sparkle of three friends. Long-time runners and triathletes Carrie, Elise and Kelly stormed the Surf City USA Marathon in Huntington Beach, California clad in sparkle running skirts.
These ladies have changed my running/triathlon outfits for the better. I love the feel of the skirts ($25-30) and feel wicked comfortable wearing them for training run, race days and in triathlons. They give me the confidence boost I need. :)
Additionally, Sparkle Athletic offers visors ($25), arm sleeves ($22), wins ($15) shwings ($10) and more!!
Are you ready to get your sparkle on?
The company was created by a marathoner and triathlete for all the women who find their strength and soul while pushing themselves to their athletic limits. We needed to keep our hair out of our face while exercising. Now there is a fabulous headband that won’t slip, won’t cause your pretty little head to get a headache or cause hair breakage. It is the comfortable solution for all you athletic fashionistas. Whether you are a runner, walker, dancer, triathlete, yogi, pilates buff, cyclist, cheerleader, or ballplayer - we believe in all you sparkly gals out there!
I wear my Sparkly Soul headbands ($15-17) every single day - work, fun and fitness. It adds a special something when I am too lazy to do my hair (aka every day) OR if I am trying to hide those gray hairs. ;)
Sparkly Soul offers thin and wide headbands. When wearing my headbands for fun I like doubling up on the thin to add even more sparkle to my day. I personally prefer the wide for fitness activities - keeps my wild mane in check!
Happy Shopping!! :)