I missed out on the #TeamSparkle 5k the first time around, but I wasn't about to miss it this year. The ladies of Sparkle Athletic are putting on the virtual 5k to support Rett Syndrome & Girl Power 2 Cure.
This terrible disease has trapped close to half a million girls in their bodies, leaving them unable to speak, walk, or even use their hands. #TeamSparkle is running because these girls can’t, but we believe someday they will!
The instructions for a virtual race are simple: run/walk/roll 3.1 miles on your anywhere anytime. BUT I think these events are funner with friends. Right?
Soooo I will be hosting an "In Real Life" version on April 10 at Assembly Row in Somerville (MBTA accessible and tons of free parking). There is a great 5k route there that I use all the time and is mainly on a path so wicked safe.
Participating is easy:
1. Sign up online for the #TeamSparkle virtual 5k. Registration is open NOW – 3/18/16 (onsite registration will not be available)
2. RSVP here on Facebook, so I know how many to expect.
3. Join me, Sunday, April 10th to run/walk/roll 3.1 miles (5K). The race swag includes an actual bib and a beautiful, sparkly, die cast, 2016-edition #TeamSparkle medal.
4. Invite your friends, your family, your running group... like they always say, the more the merrier. That's especially true when it comes to running!
5. Don't forget to share your pictures with the rest of #TeamSparkle on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter using the hashtags #ragnar4rett and #TeamSparkle.
Now who's going to join me?