... drum roll please? C'mon folks! Someone give me a little National Lampoon Christmas Vacation drum roll action!
Ahhh I crack myself up.
I will be proudly representing Team Chocolate Milk while tackling my ninth full marathon in...
Are you getting excited?
On the edge of your seat?
Wondering what I will say next?
Well without further adieu the location is...
That's right! I am happily returning to the scene of my second full marathon (November 2012) and location where I set my current PR and recorded my (so far) only sub-4 marathon.
At this point, I will be shooting to PR once again in Savannah as I feel like I am a stronger runner three years later.
However I will say I was pretty proud of my decently even splits back in 2012. I know the end I lost steam, the weather turned hot (uncharacteristically warm that weekend) and I was in my own head.
NOW I am currently still in the lottery for NYC Marathon (November 1) so if I get in to that it may refocus my goals for Savannah, but for now I would like to focus on another sub-4 there.
The course is nice and flat!!
PLUS Savannah was an amazing city to explore.
My marathons update:
1. September 24, 2006 – Clarence De Mar – 5:59:27
2. November 3, 2012 – Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah – 3:58:49
3. April 15, 2013 – 117th Boston Marathon – 4:04:08
4. January 12, 2014 – Walt Disney World Marathon – 4:45:57
5. April 21, 2014 – 118th Boston Marathon – 5:31:18
6. April 26, 2014 – Rock ‘n’ Roll Nashville – 4:42:12
7. April 20, 2015 – 119th Boston Marathon – TBD
8. May 31, 2015 – Rock 'n' Roll San Diego – TBD
9. November 7, 2015 – Rock 'n' Roll Savannah – TBD
Have you rocked and rolled your way through Savannah?