It's race week!! YAY! What makes this race week even more special?
1) It will mark Half Marathon #30 for me (which is in-freakin-sane to me)!
2) I'm crossing off another state off my list. What up Vermont? :) Vermont is the sixth and final of the New England states I needed to race in.
On Sunday, I will be tackling The Biggest Loser Half in Killington, Vermont. I am wicked excited for this challenging, yet gorgeous course. The wife will be doing the 5k.
The wife and I will be heading up to Vermont late Saturday morning. We will be spending the night at the North Star Lodge after scoring a sweet Living Social Deal. The Living Social Deal showed up in my inbox within a couple of hours of registering for the race. Crazy, right?
My main goal? Have a freakin' blast. Duh! ;) I am not putting any sort of time goal on myself.
Interested in joining the wife and I this weekend? There is still time to register.
Each registered participant and finisher will receive the following:
- The Biggest Loser Finisher's Medal
- Commemorative Biggest Loser RunWalk shirt
- Drawstring Backpack
- Chip-Timed Race for Runners and Those Tracking Personal Goals
- Free Downloadable Race Photos
- Award Divisions for Runners and Walkers
- Celebrity appearances by former contestants from "The Biggest Loser"
- Hydration Stations with Water/Sports Drinks Along the Course & Food at the Finish Line
- Discounted Gondola rides to the top of Killington Peak
- 2.5 hour Learn to Ski/Snowboard lesson at Killington Resort valid for the entire 2015/2016 ski season
Additionally the courses at this race have a twist:
Participants run/walk down the mountain, then take the ski lift back up and continue along with breathtaking views of Killington Peak, the second highest peak in Vermont. The 5K course goes through beautiful downtown Killington while the half marathon route, great for someone's first half marathon, travels along rustic wooded roads with stunning views of the Green Mountains.
The course definitely sounds/looks challenging, but who isn't up for one.
And we want you to join us!! Both the 5k and Half Marathon kick off at 8:30am.
Half Marathon Registration
$80.00 through 7/22/2015
$90.00 @ Packet Pick-up Registration (if available)
$40.00 through 7/22/2015
$45.00 @ Packet Pick-up Registration (if available)
Use code WEIGHTOFFMS to get 20% off registration!! For more fun, join our team Weight Off My Shoulders! We would get a sweet group photo!! Just sayin'! :)
Will I see you on Sunday in Killington? Are you racing somewhere else? Share away!