For the past two weeks, I was in a tough mental place. Each day I worked at thwarting the inner desire to emotionally eat over stressful situations at work. Little by little I was able to succeed.
Since I was tired of letting my brain being filled up with the dark and negative thoughts, I shifted my focus this week to the NSVs.
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
I looooooove Non-Scale victories. They have become a BIG portion of my journey. Especially as I tried to lessen the strength the scale had over me.
So what did I focus on this week?
- Hitting my 100th-consecutive day of drinking at least 100 ounces of water a day!
- Tracking became a priority and it helped me to decide whether I was reaching for food because of my head or my stomach.
- My pants were feeling loose. I was worried it was because I hadn't washed them in awhile, but no - the 10s are thankfully feeling bigger. I am coming back for ya my 8s.
- I recorded 15k steps or more each day last week!! I really made walking a priority since my back was still sore. Movement = Therapy my friends.
- I have gone to my Weight Watchers meetings for 5-straight weeks!! This really has helped my mental state.
- I made a comparison photo of myself that I was able to use as motivation rather than beating myself up over it.
- Made sure to enjoy my indulgences, but kept them in check. I only enjoyed my delicious beer/wine on the weekend (aka #DrinkEnd).
I really went into Friday's weigh-in not caring about the number because I felt THAT good about my food choices.
For my tracker, I set it to NOT use FitPoints because I wanted to see how many I was using by having the Weekly Points go into the negative. It was an easier visual for me.
In the end I used 35 of my 130 FitPoints. I felt satisfied throughout the week. I wasn't deprived at any point. Now I know I will use more FitPoints this week because I have a race and we will be going out to lunch to celebrate afterwards. I am 100% okay with that. I don't want to change my patterns because this is life. I am losing this weight at the speed it happens around my lifestyle.
So I stepped on the scale Friday morning and...
Down 2.6 lbs
Current weight: 166
Heaviest weight: 235
Weight Watchers Start Weight: 217.4
Goal Weight: 155
Lowest Weight: 150.2
Clearly we can see a pattern here. Right? Loss, Gain, Loss, Gain. As I look back I know why that happens. During the gains, I have had too many social engagements at one time.
So I am looking at my weight by two-week increments. So over the last two weeks I lost 1.6 lbs which is right in line with WW 1/2 a lb to 2 lbs loss per week average.
Would I rather see big losses every week? Sure who wouldn't, but I am seeing an overall trend of down - I am happy.
So we are looking at being down 6 lbs in 5 weeks, which is a little over 1lb a week. I will once again take it.
Now I am going to work to end the trend of having a gain this week, but whatever happens happens.
I will be over here focusing on the Non-Scale Victories!!!
What is your favorite Non-Scale Victory?