August was a tough month for me, but I knew it would be. I had a lot of social gatherings planned, including visitors, as well as, travel for work. I just wanted to make it through August without gaining weight - maintaining if you will. Thankfully yesterday was August 31 and that month could end. :P I enter September hopeful. I have some goals I want to hit this month.
1) I want to complete my first #30daychip. My goal is to complete the five food/liquid healthy guidelines from Weight Watchers. They are: 8 8 oz of Liquid (but I will do water); 2 servings of milk/dairy; 5 servings of fruits/veggies; 1 vitamin & 2 tsps of healthy oils. I think I can do it. No, I know I can do it.
I feel healthier overall when I complete these checks, plus I love seeing the little smiley faces on the Weight Watchers app on my iPhone when one of them is met. :)
2) I will complete the #plankaday program. Read more about the program here: http://www.fudiet.com/plank-a-day-revolution/
I have done this for the last week and really enjoy the challenge. I also think it will help my core, which will thus help my back! :)
3) Hit my goal weight. I am not going to be hard on myself on this. If it doesn't happen, I will not freak out/get depressed, but I think setting that goal may help me refocus my fitness and eating habits.
4) Set up a Half Marathon training regiment and stick to it. I reached out to people on twitter today and everyone is directing me to Hal Higdon so I am going to check that out tonight.
I just realized tonight that my Half Marathon is on the 1 year anniversary of my back surgery. I think that will be the perfect way to celebrate! :)
5) Get back to doing my back exercises! I need to do these at least 4-5 times a week!
6) Spend as much time as possible with the wife and pups ... especially on our back deck before it turns cold!
That is all I have for now, but I will be sure to update if I think of anything else. For now, I am off to do my plank for today!