Now we know I test out a ton of different types of running sneakers, but I walk a ton during my work day and in my spare time with the family. So when Skechers offered me the chance to test out the GOWalk2 sneakers I jumped at the chance.
Note: I was compensated for this post, but all opinions are my own - ain't nobody got time for lyin'!
Normally Skechers isn't on my radar for either my running or walking needs. But the GORun and GOWalk series peeked my interest. Not just because the shoes looked super comfortable, but for the cause behind the shoes.
Cancer and Breast Cancer specifically affects families all over the world and even my own. My wife's mother is a breast cancer survivor so when I slip these shoes on I think of her. Her courage, her tenacity and her fight. It makes me want to continue to work on my own healthy lifestyle.
When I started my journey to shed 80 pounds, I wasn't a runner. I could barely make it to the gym. I started with a walk where one block led to two, which led to a loop around the River.
Add in a pup and the walk is heaven.
Now add the Skechers GOWalk2 to the mix and I am one seriously happy camper. ;)
I don't become obsessed with shoes easily so there must be something special.
So what sets the GOWalk2 shoes apart from the rest?
- V-Stride technology features unique angled outsole that complements a natural walking gait and promotes fluid stride transitions - Quick-Fit Portal on heel for easy on, easy off convenience - Go sockless - Integrated OrthoLite® anti-microbial sockliner helps inhibit odor and prevent slippage - Resalyte™ Midsole - proprietary lightweight injection-molded compound with memory retention helps absorb impact - Independent circular GOimpulse sensors offer flexibility and feedback for a more responsive walking experience - A multi-directional traction motif helps enhance footing control
Plus the tiny pink breast cancer awareness ribbon is a great reminder of why I am getting out to move.
Is it sad that I was psyched to find a sneaker that I could wear without sneakers that would take care of the odor attached to that idea? ;) It is the little things in life people. :P
In addition to the “Awareness” footwear and apparel line, Skechers Performance Division is supporting American Cancer Society in several ways:
- Skechers Performance Division is offering a donation to American Cancer Society, and all of the Skechers Performance Division Awareness apparel and footwear will feature the ACS logo and messaging.
- Skechers is hosting the American Cancer Society San Francisco Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk, and will be donating a percentage of proceeds from the sales of Skechers shoes on-site that day.
- Additionally, Skechers is launching a register round-up program in Skechers Retail stores in which customers can round up their purchase to the nearest whole dollar to benefit American Cancer Society for the entire month of October. If consumers donate $5 or more, they will also receive a 20% off discount for their next visit. This will offer anyone shopping for any item in a Skechers retailer store the opportunity to give back and support the cause.
- Furthermore, Skechers Retail stores are offering a gift with purchase for customers who purchase a pair of limited-edition Awareness shoes. The gift with purchase will be either a breast canvas awareness canvas tote back or a pink water bottle.
I am proud to wear the Skechers GOWalk2 shoe in support of my wife's mom and the other Breast Cancer survivors around the world, as well as those that weren't so lucky against the Fight.
So now it is your tern to check out the Skechers GOWalk2 or any of the items featured in the "Awareness" line.
Why you walk or run to a healthy lifestyle?