Recently I was asked: "What goes into your decision to choose a particular race to participate in?"
Well, I would say my Top Five criteria would be:
1) Bling ... race swag in general can be considered!
2) Location ... especially if I'm considering a destination race (aka racecation)!
3) Post-race celebration ... aka beer selection (from race itself or the city)!
4) Friends ... who can I potentially run with or hang out with at the run! Oh and who will let me crash on their couch to save $$$! ;)
5) Race Atmosphere ... including race organizers, entertainment during the race, etc!
So which race series fills each of my criteria?
I've been participating in RnR races since I rekindled the love of running after back surgery in 2011.
You're probably wondering which cities I've Rocked and Rolled through. Well I'm happy to share. ;) If you click on the year below, you will be taken directly to the recap for that race.
*Brooklyn (10k) - 2013 - a one time race
*Los Angeles (Half) - 2013
*Nashville (Full) - 2014
*New Orleans (Half) - 2014
*Philadelphia (Half) - 2013 - where I set my current Half PR (1:44:12)
*Savannah (Full) - 2012 - where I set my current Full PR (3:58:49)
Wow! I have really taken advantage of the RnR Series to see some of the best cities in the US.
So where will 2015 take me?
*San Diego - May 30-31 - for the 5k and the Full
*Philadelphia - October 31 - possibly. This is still a wild card. I would love to return to the city of my PR if $$ can work out!
*Brooklyn - October 10 - for the all-new half marathon!!!
*Savannah - November 7-8 - for the Full and the 5k. Excited to try and go for a new marathon PR! The city was absolutely a BLAST when we went in 2012 and I can't wait to go back.
If you are thinking about signing up for a Rock 'n' Roll race, be sure to use my discount code to help save some $$ for the post-race beer! ;)
And now the big question... which city will I see you in during the 2015 season?