My mom is one of the toughest women to buy for. I mean we can have a competition if you want over whose mom is the hardest one to shop for, but I want to save us all the time, energy and post-it notes that would take. ;) So when I woke up this morning and realized I had just one month to go before Mother's Day, I vowed to start looking NOW. I am not going to turn this into another trip to CVS the night before where I try to rummage through the discount bin to find something creative, unique and affordable.
What? Like you've never been the child that was out the night before trying to find something. ;)
This year - 2015 - will be different and I have UncommonGoods to thank for that.
UncommonGoods is an online retailer offering creatively designed, high-quality merchandise at affordable prices. UncommonGoods believes that creativity and the expression of individuality represent two great human treasures. They have set out to create a business that makes uncommon goods accessible to everyone.
What set UncommonGoods apart were the special features:
- Featured Artist: UncommonGoods highlights the stories of our artists and designers throughout our website as well as our print catalog.
- Handmade Goods: Look for the blue hand icon throughout the website to find our handmade goods.
- Uncommon Knowledge: UncommonGoods posts surprisingly uncommon information and facts related to certain product categories or featured items on the site. For example, did you know that early candles were often eaten rather than burned? Or that Leonardo da Vinci invented the scissors?
- Our Commitment to the Environment: UncommonGoods strives to work in harmony with the environment: our print catalogs are printed on recycled paper (30% post consumer waste) and all our merchandise is produced without harm to animals. Look for the green recycled icon throughout our website for products made of recycled materials.
- Better to Give Program: We donate a portion of each order to your choice of non-profit organizations: American Forests, Women for Women International, City Harvest, and the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN).
Pretty cool right?
With two Mother's Day collections available on the site I am bound to find something for even my Mom! *Fingers Crossed*
Both the Mothers Day Gifts and the Gifts For Mom collections are easy to search and offer sorting and filtering features (rating, price, etc). You know this girl is working on a budget so we need to keep it realistic here!
Ohh I am loving the 5-star Recycled Glass Tree Globes (value $45 per globe). I need to thank the website for clarifying that this is not in fact a tree decoration (my bad), but this is something my mom would love to hang in her kitchen window or on the porch looking off to the backyard.
And check out the back story provided in the description for the product:
Uncommon Knowledge: To make these pretty globes, artist Stephen Kitras first has to receive a shipment of broken glass from a supplier in Seattle that makes windows for cars, homes and offices. They send their broken shards to Kitras, who then melts them down in a furnace for 12 hours before creating his signature pieces.
Now I can even impress my mom with this fun fact! Win-win.
Gift prices really do run the gamet - from under $25 to over $150. The selection of gifts can range from bath soaps, mugs, Galaxy knee socks to a foot sauna, jewelry and throws.
You can also make sure your gift was: Made In The USA, made with recycled materials and/or handmade.
Allll from the comfort of your home, work, car or stationary bike. ;)
So what are you waiting for? Head over to the UncommonGoods Mother's Day collections and pick your mom out something nice.
You can thank me later! :)