I've raced in 5 out of the 6 New England States. I easily checked off Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island (neither a rhode nor and island - discuss), Connecticut and Maine. But that darn state of Vermont has been alluding me for years.
Well that will all end in 2015!
For I have FINALLY found a race to run in the great state of Vermont.
Do you want to know what it is?
Are you on the edge of your seat?
Are you holding your breath until I reveal it?
Well don't do that that's not safe! C'mon people breathing is #1 to live!
Okay okay... so both the wife and I will be taking part in...
The Biggest Loser RunWalk Half Marathon in Killington, Vermont on July 26!
I want to thank the people at Biggest Loser Race Series for wanting to partner with Weight Off My Shoulders for this event and sponsoring my wife and I.
I love being at the Finish Line to cheer the wife in!
SO why this race?
First off, it offers a 5k and a Half Marathon option.
Second off, the swag!!
Each registered participant and finisher will receive the following:
- The Biggest Loser Finisher's Medal
- Commemorative Biggest Loser RunWalk shirt
- Drawstring Backpack
- Chip-Timed Race for Runners and Those Tracking Personal Goals
- Free Downloadable Race Photos
- Award Divisions for Runners and Walkers
- Celebrity appearances by former contestants from "The Biggest Loser"
- Hydration Stations with Water/Sports Drinks Along the Course & Food at the Finish Line
- Discounted Gondola rides to the top of Killington Peak
- 2.5 hour Learn to Ski/Snowboard lesson at Killington Resort valid for the entire 2015/2016 ski season
- Buy one get one free offer on the following items:
- Adult 18 hole Golf Greens fees (Midweek Only)
- Mountain Bike and Lift Trail Access Tickets
- Adult Scenic Round-Trip Gondola Ride
- Soaring Eagle Zip Line Ride
- Ropes Course Adventure
- ATV Tour (2 rides for the price of 1)
- 18 hole round of disc golf
I mean you had me at medal and FREE race photos!! Am I right?
Additionally the courses at this race have a twist:
Participants run/walk down the mountain, then take the ski lift back up and continue along with breathtaking views of Killington Peak, the second highest peak in Vermont. The 5K course goes through beautiful downtown Killington while the half marathon route, great for someone's first half marathon, travels along rustic wooded roads with stunning views of the Green Mountains.
So can this make up for me missing riding Expedition Everest during the Disney Marathon last year?
The course definitely sounds/looks challenging, but who isn't up for a challenge. The wife and I are ready to tackle this bad boy.
And we want you to join us!! Both the 5k and Half Marathon kick off at 8:30am on July 26.
Half Marathon Registration*
- $55.00 through 4/30/2015
- $60.00 through 5/31/2015
- $70.00 through 6/30/2015
- $80.00 through 7/22/2015
- $90.00 @ Packet Pick-up Registration (if available)
- $35.00 through 6/30/2015
- $40.00 through 7/22/2015
- $45.00 @ Packet Pick-up Registration (if available)
Use code WEIGHTOFFMS to get 20% off registration!! For more fun, join our team Weight Off My Shoulders! We would get a sweet group photo!! Just sayin'! :)
I'm psyched to cross off the 6th and final New England state off my race bucket list. Will I see you there????